If you are a mum you probably spend your time taking care of others, but what about your oral health? In fact, women have unique oral health issues that are affected by hormonal changes and which can increase the risk of gum disease and other dental health problems. Follow these easy tips for better dental health.
- Drink plenty of water. Keep a jug of chilled water in the fridge and make sure you have a refillable water bottle when you are out and about.
- Keep a travel toothbrush and dental floss with you so you can freshen up even when you are on the go.
- Keep your energy levels high with healthy snacks such as ready washed and sliced fruits and vegetables, cubed cheese and wheat crackers.
- Chew sugar-free gum with xylitol after every meal as the xylitol helps to kill bacteria.
- Floss every day, as otherwise, you will leave a third of your tooth surfaces uncleaned.