Easing Back to Level 2 Restrictions
Following a Federal Cabinet meeting on 21st of April, the Australian Dental Association (ADA) says that more patients can get dental treatments done following the restrictions on dental practice being eased from Level 3 back to Level 2 restrictions.
We would like to advise all patients that the following procedures are now available:
- Simple non-invasive fillings without use of high-speed handpieces
- Restorative procedures using high speed handpieces only provided with the use of rubber dam
- Non-surgical extractions
- Hand scaling (no use of ultrasonic scalers)
- Medical management of soft tissue presentations (such as ulcers)
- Temporomandibular dysfunction management
- Denture procedures
- Preventative procedures such as the application of topical remineralising agents e.g. fluoride
- Orthodontic treatment
We will still be following the hygiene guidelines previously mentioned to ensure safety for all. If you have a dental condition or seeking treatment not mentioned above, simply give us a call on (03) 9822 9766 to discuss options.
To make sure we minimise any spread of infection we will:
- Continue to follow our stringent infection control protocols which are fully compliant with the AHPRA, AS/NZS, and NHMRC guidelines.
- Maintain social distancing by utilising our large waiting room and other
- Spaces throughout the building.
- Sanitise all public area consistently throughout the day.
- Screen patients and staff for symptoms and travel history.
Of course, If you have any of the following symptoms: high fever, coughing, sore throat or shortness of breath; please inform our staff prior to any appointment so that we can re-book.
The health of our patients is our first priority and we would like you to know that we will be working to that end by providing excellent dental care and by minimising the risk of community spread.
This is a challenging time for our community, and we will continue to respond to the advice of government and peak bodies. You can find up-to-date information regarding our response to the changing situation via our website tendlerdental.com.au.
We greatly appreciate your ongoing support of our practice.